Lumen Metabolic Tracker
Dozens of diets are available, touting promises of weight loss, improved health and other benefits. Boston Medical Center reports that 45 million Americans go on diets annually, but this meta-analysis study found that 80 percent of the weight lost was regained in a five-year period.
The problem with many diets comes from a lack of understanding about metabolism and the lack of sustainability offered by those diet plans. While the weight comes off in the short term, keeping it off in the long term is a significant challenge. Each person’s metabolism is unique and goes through changes throughout their life.
The diet and exercise routine that worked perfectly in someone’s 20s may be ineffective as they age, or their tastes may change, creating a situation where their diet is unsustainable. Metabolic testing, called RER, is one way that people can get a better understanding of how their system works, but it’s a lengthy process and can be costly. The only people who typically have access to these tests are athletes looking to achieve top performance.
On top of those issues, your metabolism can fluctuate on a daily basis, but it’s not feasible to go through traditional testing every day. This is where the Lumen Metabolic tracker comes in.
What Is the Lumen Metabolic Tracker?
The Lumen metabolism tracking device is a first-of-its-kind device that can track your metabolism at home with an easy-to-use, handheld device. It works by inhaling through the device, holding that breath for 10 seconds, and then exhaling it. The Lumen then analyzes your CO2 levels. The flow meter and sensors inside the device can determine whether you have a high or low CO2 concentration with one breath.
This data shows whether your body is burning carbs or fat for energy, and you can plan your meals and workouts around this information.
The Benefits of the Lumen Metabolic Tracker
Having convenient access to metabolic testing through the Lumen delivers many benefits, such as:
- Gaining control of your metabolic flexibility: The Lumen helps you make decisions so that your body is better able to switch between burning fats and carbs as the situation dictates.
- Improving fat burn and weight loss: You no longer need to jump from diet to diet, trying to figure out why one-size-fits-all approaches are failing for you. The Lumen helps you create the best plan for your metabolism on a day-to-day basis. Since it’s not focused on restrictive diets, you end up in a better position to sustain weight loss over your life.
- Boosting energy: The Lumen can let you know what you should eat to help you get more energy throughout the day, without relying on high volumes of caffeine.
- Optimizing workouts: Metabolic testing offers many benefits for your exercise routine, from letting you know whether you need to fuel up beforehand to showing you the impact that the workout has on your metabolism.
- Ease of use: Using the Lumen is as easy as breathing, literally.
- Getting daily recommendations: Your recommendations change based on your current metabolic status. The Lumen can keep up as your metabolism changes, even as you age.
- Reducing snacking: The Lumen uses metabolic data to make sure that you’re eating enough to keep you satisfied, and at the right intervals that you won’t need to snack extensively.
Lumen Metabolic Tracker Features
- Customized nutrition plans: The companion app for Lumen uses your metabolic data to create personalized meal plans every day. You don’t have to guess about the right foods to maximize your metabolism. All the information is laid out right in front of you, making it easy to eat right. You also get advice on your meal timing, so you can figure out the best times of day for your food intake. Over time, these nutrition plans adjust your metabolism so that it’s more efficient.
- Personalized CO2 scale: Everyone’s CO2 scale and lung capacity are different, and the Lumen accounts for that so you receive accurate, real-time results.
- Understand how your metabolism is impacted by different factors: Your food intake is only one factor that affects your metabolism. How much physical activity you get, your sleep amount and quality and the macronutrients you ingest all play a role in the way your body works. Lumen’s quick and convenient home testing means you can collect plenty of metabolism data, allowing you to fine-tune your life for better wellness.
- Lumen Flex Score: You can view your long-term metabolic trends through the Lumen Flex Score. This score is based on your fitness data, metabolism, nutrition and sleep to show how successful you are with your plan. This score is intended to encourage sustainable change.
- Improve your sleep: You’ll receive recommendations on your sleep, which can help you become more rested and have a higher energy level.
- Integrates with fitness apps: The Lumen can look at data from Apple Health, Google Fit and Garmin IQ Connect to better understand your activity levels.
The Lumen Metabolic tracker is an exciting wellness device that puts metabolic testing into everyone’s hands. This simple and convenient device is an excellent tool in the pursuit of better health and sustainable weight loss.