Table of Contents
WEARABLE DEVICE REVIEW – HartBit™ Blood Pressure Band Monitor Smartwatch
What is the HartBit™ Blood Pressure Band Monitor and Smartwatch?
The HartBit™ is a smartwatch that’s capable of measuring many critical vital signs, including your temperature, heart rate, oxygen saturation, and even your blood pressure. It uses a lightweight and low-profile design that makes it easy and convenient to wear during daily activities. The HartBit™ supports Android 5.0+ and iOS 9.0+.
Who the HartBit™ is Meant For
Many fitness trackers and smartwatches cover basic data about your body, but finding a device that also tracks blood pressure is much less common. People who have health concerns that require a close eye on blood pressure changes benefit the most from this. Cardiovascular conditions, diabetes, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, hypertension are a few examples of medical concerns that require a close eye on blood pressure.
Being able to access this data point also helps people track changes over time. They act as early warning signs of potentially serious medical problems, and having a good idea of your regular readings allows you to see when something is going wrong.
The HartBit™ also offers several convenient smartwatch features, so you get both the fitness tracker and smartwatch experience.
Benefits of the HartBit™
- Heart rate tracking: Check whether your heart rate is staying in your intended zone when you’re working out, or watch it to make sure that you’re not overexerting yourself.
- Oxygen saturation monitoring: You can see how much oxygen is in your bloodstream.
- Blood pressure readings: As mentioned in the previous section, blood pressure features are excellent for people with various health concerns.
- Body temperature tracking: See whether you’re running a fever quickly.
- Multi-sport mode: You can change the smart watch’s mode between different sports types to better track your exercise.
- Pedometer: Count your steps every day to keep on track with your goals.
- IP67 waterproofing: You don’t have to take the smartwatch off if you’re going to head outside in the rain.
- Sleep tracker: See just how restful your sleep is. If you’re waking up tired or need to nap throughout the day, you can start figuring out what’s happening at night and how to fix your sleep hygiene.
- Find Band feature: If you lose your HartBit™, you can track it down as long as it’s paired to your phone.
- Phone call and messaging notifications: Get notifications about your messages and phone calls. This feature also includes Caller ID. You won’t have to interrupt your workout to pick up a spam call.
- Do Not Disturb mode: You don’t want to wake up in the middle of the night due to notifications on your smartwatch, especially if you’re trying to track your sleep. Do Not Disturb is as easy as a single touch.
- Camera remote control: Use your HartBit™ as a Bluetooth remote camera shutter to make it easier to take selfies and other pictures.
- Alarm clock: Keep your alarm clock close at hand, so you stick to your routine.
- Sedentary reminder: If you forgot about your workout, the device lets you know.
- Twelve days of standby time, 2-5 days of active time: This battery life is reasonable, and the phone charges via USB. While it’s not the longest battery life for a smartwatch, you won’t get into much trouble if you skip charging it for a few days.
- Charges to full in 1.5 hours: You’re not waiting prohibitively long for your smartwatch to recharge.
Drawbacks of the HartBit™
The HartBit™ is a basic fitness tracker and smartwatch, so you’re not getting advanced functionality beyond the blood pressure readings. The accuracy of blood pressure readings is not as good as those with devices that have an integrated measurement cuff. The screen is small and low-quality, and the Fitpro application is simple.
The HartBit™ is currently sold out, so its pricing information is unavailable. Based on other product listings on the manufacturer’s website, it’s likely that this smartwatch blood pressure monitor falls under more affordable options.
Alternatives to HartBit™
You can find several blood pressure tracking smartwatches at a variety of price points. Budget-friendly models like the HalfSun fitness tracker and the MorePro smartwatch have similar feature sets to the HartBit™. If you want more advanced and accurate devices, Omron’s line of blood pressure monitoring smartwatches are top-of-the-line. They use an integrated blood pressure cuff which greatly improves accuracy, and has FDA approval. However, this comes at a cost of hundreds of dollars, and the watch itself is huge. The ASUS Vivowatch BP is another high-end blood pressure monitoring smartwatch, which uses sensors and software rather than the cuff. It also has a built-in GPS for tracking your running routes, along with a more sophisticated style.
The HartBit™ blood pressure monitoring smartwatch is an entry-level device that is helpful for people wanting an easy way to track their vitals without needing too many bells and whistles. It also provides several useful smartwatch functions. It’s not trying to compete with high-end, full-featured smartwatches, but it manages to cover the most commonly used features of these devices. Overall, it’s a solid fitness tracker that does a good job at dabbling in the smartwatch world.